Friday, January 14, 2011

Giving spammers a bad name


From: private link [mailto:privatelink0002@att.net]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 3:23 AM
To: undisclosed recipients:
( So, what else is new? )
Subject: Try to give this letter good understanding. ( I will )



Try to give this letter good understanding. ( Didn't I just say that I would. Chill out )
Dear Friend,

    First of all i want you to give this latter good understanding  ( Enough already! )  if you can guarantee me from your own side, your trust, honesty, i will be able to work with you, i will appreciate if you can come down yourself ( Come down where? I'm picky about where I travel )  and see things for yourself before we can proceed and this will make things more clearer for us ( Just like that sentence ) .

I am Mr.Dago Usman ( What an unfortunate name ) , an accountant with one of the bank here in (Ivory Coast) ( The one without a name, the bank that is ) I am writing in respect of a France Citizen ( Mr.Bouchout Geoffroy) been a customer here in our bank,dual citizen of France , who died  in a Plane crash on Monday 2ND September 1998 GMT 14:22 UK ( I would have sworn that plane SwissAir 111 crashed at 14:23 ) while they were flying from New York to Geneva ( In a strange coincidence there was a Geoffroy Bouchout of France on the plane as well. I wonder if they knew each other ).         Refer to the website below for more details.
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissair.victims.list/index.html

I wish to inform you that  late Mr.Bouchout Geoffroy left the sum of Eight million United States Dollars ($8million) here in our bank, ( That was 13 years ago, you still have it? ) I investigated this out during our last auditing as chief accountant, ( Do you take turns being chief? ) that is why i solicit your urgent ( Now you're in a hurry? ) assistance for this so that we should work together and get this fund transfer into your safe account and invest with this money in a tangible business there in your country.

Based on the code of conduct in our work ( Do unto others, then run ) , we are not allowed to own or run a foreign account while still on service, ( If it was me playing with $8 million, I'd quit. Your little bank doesn't even have a name. How much can they be paying you? ) it was as a matter of this fact I decided to contact you ( I'm touched that you tought of me first ) so that you will stand as the fund beneficiary after we may agreed to work together and ask the bank to transfer this fund into your account.

So my good friend ( Let's not rush things ), I want you to come and stand as the beneficiary to claim that money as a patina/beneficiary ( patina: a film or incrustation, usually green, produced by oxidation on the surface of old bronze and often esteemed as being of ornamental value. Hmm, not sure you have the right word there, Dago. And sorry, but I make it a point not to travel to third world African hell holes as a rule. Just a matter of policy )  So that this money will be transferred into your account and we will use this money and invest in your country or we will share the money fifty fifty after transferring it if you did not want both of us to have joint business. ( Yeah, the 50/50 no strings attached option sounds like the better deal, not that you don't sound like a shrewd businessman, but I prefer to work alone )  I have all the formalities to legalize it on your name.  Note that all the modalities of this transfer are RISK FREE ( Please explain how a white man in west Africa can do anything risk free? ) hence i am working with this bank. ( as opposed to some other bank? ) Upon your acceptance to assist me i will forward to you the legal procedures of how to effect the transfer into your account ,looking forward to hearing from you soonest ( It took you thirteen years, don't rush me. I'll take your request under advisement ).

Best regards.

Mr.Dago Usman. 

No comments: